Shrimpin.com Shrimpin.com
Your source to shrimping knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flounder Gigging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shrimpin.com Forum Index -> East Coast Florida Fishin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Flounder Gigging Reply with quote

While i am out shrimping I was thinking about trying some flounder gigging this season. Was wondering if anyone had any pointers - depth, area, lights, sand or grass, etc. I normally shrimp in oak hill or titusville RR or haulover. If someone could point me in the right direction, that sure would be nice. From what i have heard you just ease along with a push pole in shallow water with q-beams or lights that attach to the top of boat and look for sand where they will make a bed.
Swag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in trying this also. Any info guys
shrimpoholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do all my giging either at sebastian or port orange i made my own gig heads and have 2 that i would sell cause i can make more. i put 2 halogen lights on my boat with a small generator ive made a mount out of pvc pipe that lays across the front of my boat and attached a light to each side i then use the end of my gig to poll around with i made my gig out of a dow rod from home depot bout 12 foot long for pushing the boat i move around in the flats and look for the sandy areas with a little bit of rocks or oyster beds also look carefully along the mangroves in the shallow area next to drop offs port orange is great because there are alot of oysters and alot of shollow water with a nice current from ponce inlet to wash hthe bait in rarely will you find flounder wheres theres not an abundance of bait they are ambushers and like to find easy meals my best has been around strong currents in shallow water by drop offs and some kind of structure for them to hide around hope this helps any more questions just holler

tight drags and happy fishing
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, i will deff give this a try in the oakhill area this season. I have heard that people do ok around here probably because of the good flow and channel. Thanks again yep
captfrankm
shrimping apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrimpoholic wrote:
i made my own gig heads and have 2 that i would sell cause i can make more.

I may be interested in purchasing some of those. Can you post up a pic and give some details? Or IM me. yep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shrimpin.com Forum Index -> East Coast Florida Fishin All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: